The Remora2 is an IP67 rated, rugged 4G Cat-M1 GPS device designed for tracking non-powered assets where super-long battery life is required without sacrificing the frequency of updates and accuracy performance.
The Remora2, redesigned and supercharged. Powered by two “D” cell LTC batteries the Remora can last up to 10 years of battery life at once daily GPS location and 5 years once hourly before requiring a battery change.
By default the Remora is set to report once daily whether it moves or not, report on trip start, take a GPS fix every two minutes while in trip, upload/report its trip data every 30 minutes while in trip, and at trip end (5 minutes after it stops moving). These settings are in place to maximize battery life. The Remora has many parameters that can be changed at our end so if you require more frequent location updates please contact us so that we can adjust the Remora’s tracking parameters to meet your needs.
- Up to 5 years once-hourly updates!
- No install required, simply “place ‘n trace”
- IP67 water and dust proof
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) v5
- Switch from “locate” to “track” over-the-air
- Magnetic tamper detection
- Battery Meter (Coulomb Counter)
- Unauthorised movement alerts
- Integrated Accelerometer
- High-G Event Detection
- Non-powered Asset Tracking
- Run Hour Monitoring
- Trailers and Mobile Assets
- Anchoring and Security of Assets
- Shipping Containers and Freight
- Low-Value Asset Tracking